Saturday, January 5, 2008

Roasted Veggie Delight


I had a (not unusual) craving for onions this afternoon but I didn't feel like standing over the stove to cook them. So I found a great alternative- I roasted them. While those were going, I cooked some lentils and seasoned them with salt, pepper, and basil. And I made cooked whole wheat rotini. Strangely I had some leftover Brussels sproutsd (which is a sin), so I tossed those in a bowl with everything else.
Crap, I just realized I meant to put capers in it but forgot. Oh well, it was tasty.

2 comments:

LBD said...

My favorite thing to do to a vegetable besides eat it is roast it. Roasted onions, bell peppers, eggplant, zuccini, and tomatoes tossed with penne, salt, pepper and olive oil and topped with fresh parmesan...little pieces of heaven! Will have to try it with lentils next time.

veganne said...

I'm on a ridiculous vegetable roasing kick. It's out of control.