Friday, April 20, 2007

Mexican Sweet Potato Tofu Stoup

Mexican Sweet Potato Stoup

2 small onions sauteed with
6 cloves of garlic then added
dry white wine to deglaze and
water with
1 package of extra firm tofu, cubed, with
4TB garlic chipotle salsa and
Chili powder, cumin, salt to simmer 15 minutes, then
2 medium/large sweet potatoes and
1/2 c bulgur until done

I originally envisioned this dish with black beans, but the tofu in my fridge had been in there for way too long. While I'm tempted to give up on tofu, I'm determined to learn out to cook with it (which I didn't do well in this dish). The tofu doesn't taste bad, it just wasn't what I was hoping for. And I oversalted in my zeal to make it taste Mexican since all the spices I used had salt in addition to the heaping amount of salt I threw in. Next time I'll use black beans, lime, and chipotle and pray that it comes out a little better.

No comments: