Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Crunchy Spicy Garlicky Kale and Chickpeas

I thought I found a recipe online once with kale and chickpeas, but I searched and couldn't find anything. So got .75c of brown jasmine rice going and then I tossed a can of chickpeas in a dish, sprayed with olive oil spray, and rolled them in some Tony Chachere's and roasted on 400 for about 15 minutes, or the amount of time it took me to take the dog out.
I added about 6 cups of cut kale that came from the largest bag of kale I've ever seen. To be honest, though, I'm not sure I've ever seen kale in a bag. I also put 4 cloves of garlic with the paper on them on a cookie sheet and let them cook separately until they got soft and yummy. I added them to the kale/chickpeas and turned on the broiler to get the kale nice and crispy. All together, it made 3 servings at about 350 calories a piece.
This dish was surprisingly good. The crispy kale and beans were a delight, and the garlic was amazing. I only wish I'd added more. Yum.

No comments: