Monday, February 11, 2008

On the Road Again

I made another one-night jaunt over to the west coast and knew I'd have limited access to decent foods. So I think I actually packed more food than clothes. I took:

Barley and split pea soup with roasted onion and nutritional yeast
2 bananas
2 TB cocoa powder to dip bananas in
Spinach/chickpeas/tomatoes/onions atop quinoa
1/2 cup walnuts
3 peanut butter sandwiches (2 pieces whole wheat 50 calories bread with .75-1 TB PB)

I had some fruit at the event I was there for, but because I went a long time without eating, I was starving by the time I got back to the airport. And then my flight was delayed. So I ended up buying a bag of jalapeno chips and a hummus/veggie sandwich in case the plane didn't have any food I could eat. However, I lucked out- United offers snackpacks that aren't horrible for you. My RightBite included:

Bumblebee Sensations Lemon & Pepper Seasoned Tuna Medley (3 ounces, 110 calories)
Late July Organic Crackers (1 package, 100 calories)
Wild Garden Hummus (1 jar, 73.5 calories)
Stacy's Multigrain Baked Pita Chips (1 ounce, 130 calories)
Fino Selections Gouda cheese (1 ounce, 101 calories)
Newman's Own organic California raisins (0.5 ounce, 45.5 calories)
Mini-Toblerone (12.5-gram bar, 66.5 calories)

1 comment:

LBD said...

They seriously let you bring all that on the plane? I am in awe at your food-packing abilities.