Sunday, August 12, 2007

Smoothie Greatness

Smoothies are pretty easy to make, but I've come up with the tastiest combination ever.

  • Fruit- banana, berries, peach, etc. (I generally use 1 banana and a handful
    of berries)
  • Soy milk or silken tofu (the latter works great, I'd use maybe .5 block or
    1 cup of soymilk)
  • Unsweentened, non Dutch processed cocoa (1-2 TB will do)
  • Nut butter (1 TB is fine but you might need 2TB to get a really strong
    flavor)
  • Coffee (mix up a couple teaspoons/tablesoons in small amount of
    water)
  • Cinamon
Today I got smart and decided to put the soymilk and coffee in ice cube trays in the freezer for about an hour along with the banana (peeled) and raspberries. I love my smoothies thick and almost frozen, but adding ice cubes dilutes the flavor...

No comments: