Friday, July 20, 2007

All Chili-d Out

Hello, my name is Jennilicious, and I'm a badbloggeroholic. I haven't posted in ages because, let's face it, I'm a lazy-good-for-nothing. I decided to go ahead and post this short and to-the-point blog to get myself back in the habit.

I got paid yesterday, so I made a beeline to the store after work. Despite the fact that I was starving, I managed to stay fairly focused and made good food choices. I walked through the produce section and saw all that veggie stuff and thought I'd try something new. I saw the Lightlife stuff and decided on the Smart Chili.
Once home, I debated how best to use my chili. I had some sour cream left after making spinach dip for a barbecue at work (at least it was light sour cream, right?), so I thought chili nachos would hit the spot.

I heated up the chili, which just meant opening the pouch it comes in and throwing it in the microwave, dumped it on some tortilla chips, and slapped some sour cream and jalapenos on top.

I was starving, so I managed to down the whole plate in no time. But, the chili was pretty disappointing. It tasted rather like ketchup, and I hate ketchup. It was way too sweet.

Looking at the Web site, it seems Lightlife is headquartered in Massachusetts, which could explain this flavor scheme (sorry Veganne!). Any chili I've had here in Texas has had at least a modicum of spicy heat. This had zilch. What gives?

1 comment:

veganne said...

You are so blogalicious! I've had said chili and agree with your assessment wholeheartedly. I think them damn yankees just don't know how to make chili the right way.