Saturday, March 10, 2007

Chocolate Pudding

I saw this recipe awhile ago and vowed to make chocolate pudding. But it wasn't until this week when it somehow popped into my head. The recipe as written is less than 200 calories for a lot of pudding, but I have some Godiva liqueur bottles my mom gave me for Christmas that I have been trying to get rid of. Now, I'm fairly certain they are not vegan, but I can't just throw them out...

So I made the pudding according to the recipe and added one mini bottle of the liqueur after removing from heat. At first, eating it warm appealed to me. But then I thought about it a little more and I don't think it's ok to eat warm pudding. It needs to be cold. So I scooped half of it into my beautiful ramekin from my brother and his fiance and set it in the freezer to cool just in time for me to go to bed. And I definitely left the other half in the pot and brought the pot into the living room with me where I proceeded to get every last drop of it off the pot and into my watering mouth.

Without the alcohol, the recipe is very bland and definitely needs something (as mentioned in the recipe) to pep it up. And I have an aversion to cornstarch after an unfortunate episode with Turkish Delight (but I think all TD is disappointing...), so I got a little grossed out by the cornstarch. The chocolate and alcohol helped me get over that really quickly though :)

2 comments:

Fritz said...

What's this incident with Turkish Delight that you speak of?

veganne said...

Ever since I was in 5th grade and read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, I've been obsessed with Turkish Delight. I decided to finally make it when I cooked a Middle Eastern feast from the cookbook my mom bought me for Christmas.

I thought I made it wrong, but apparently, as I gathered from talking with others, it just sucks. It's a strange consistency and has a cornstarchy taste I'm not very fond of...