Sunday, May 25, 2008

Arugula and Potato Soup

A few months ago, back when my TV was actually plugged in, I saw Giada De Laurentiis make a Creamy Arugula and Lettuce Soup that inspired me to make something similar with spinach instead of arugula awhile back. However, I have not stopped thinking about arugula since. It's delicious and it always called my name at the grocery store, but I always held back from purchasing it.

Today I summoned my inner hippy. I rode my bike to work (a practice ride for next week). I walked the mile to and from the farmers market where I purchased some beautiful beets with greens, apples I'd never heard of, and rhubarb. I brought it home and walked a mile to and from the organic store where I finally gave in and purchased arugula to accompany some red potatoes I had leftover. Thanks for the inspiration, Giada.

Arugula and Potato Soup
2.5-3 cups water
1 medium/large red onion, sliced
2 red potatoes, cut into small chunks
3 cups arugula
1 cube veggie boullion

Bring water to a boil and add onion and potatoes. Cook 15 minutes or until onion is transluscent and potato is soft. Add arugula and cook until just done and wilted (it will turn bright green), about a minute. Blend all ingredients with immersion or normal blender. Add boullion. Stir until it's all dissolved. Enjoy.

All of my exercising left me needing some protien so I served mine atop a bed of quinoa. Delicious and easy. Perfect as a rooftop dinner on a beautiful evening. Yum.

No comments: